Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Book I Have Read That Changed My Views On Something

A Book I Have Read That Changed My Views on Something
By Charles Rachel

One of my favorite books to read in school was the History text book.
One of the most interesting facts I have learned is about the origin of the Halloween Holliday. It began as a harvest festival. Children would also play tricks or vandalize things. To stop this from happening, people started offering treats. Such as candy in the hopes it might stop these tricks. This became known as trick or treat. People also started wearing home made costumes. Soon costumes were made available in stores and featured witches, pumpkins, and super Heros. I used to think Halloween was a celebration of spirits of imagination However it is much more. Now I have a better understanding of Halloween. Though ghosts, pumpkins, and everything we associate with Halloween still has its own special place in the halliday

No comments:

Post a Comment