Thursday, September 9, 2010

In Memory of Shane Davidson

    Shane was my best friend. During our childhood, we rode the school bus together even though we attended different schools. Some of my favorite memories with Shane are the fun times we spent together going fishing on the weekends. We went fishing almost every weekend until I awoke one Saturday morning to learn we would never go fishing again. We would never go fishing again because my friend Shane had passed away. If I remember correctly, Shane had a heart attack. We were like brothers, so I felt like a part of me died that day when I heard the news of Shane's passing. His passing made me very sad for a long period of time.
    I do not think I will ever get over Shane's death. I am constantly reminded of Shane and our times together, which makes it harder to completely get over. Sometimes when I get lonely, I think of him and wonder what we would be doing if he were here today. I still think of Shane and our fishing adventures and even though we may never go fishing again, I still picture us fishing every weekend in my memories and dreams. I know he is in a better place and he is watching over me.
    I will never get over the loss of my friend Shane, but it has gotten easier to accept his death over time. I miss Shane very much and think about him often. I know I will see him again some day, when we will be able to go fishing in a big ocean in Heaven. Rest in peace Shane.


Sincerely,
Charlie Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment