Wednesday, July 24, 2019

My new power wheelchair

I recently received my new wheelchair last week after a long wait for it. The wheelchair arrived on Friday July 12, 2019 and it has already changed my life more than any wheelchair I have ever had! In addition to being mobile of course, I now have the ability to use it as a recliner! This feature is very helpful. Because there have been a few times in which my back has hurt for some reason while at the Arc, and I have had to sit in a recliner here until the pain subsided. This does not happen often though. This is the first chair I have ever had with a reclining feature. It also has a head rest and air cushioned seat that inflates by turning a knob when I get out of the chair, then deflates when I get in the chair. This happens to insure the seat remains comfortable while I am sitting in it. This is also to prevent the seat/cushion from sagging or warring down over time. The controller used to drive and recline the chair also moves out of the way for getting under tables. The arm rests also lift out of the way when getting under tables. Because the seat inflates and deflates for comfort and due to the chair’s design, I sit much higher than previously. The seat also has built in lateral supports that help me sit straighter. I absolutely love this chair already! I have not even had it for a full week yet! The footplates fully retract to make it easy when getting under tables, workstations, or when transferring in and out of the chair. You can even get a seat function that lifts you to a full standing position; mine doesn’t have that feature though. I can also lay all the way back as if I were in bed. I am loving this new wheelchair more and more every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment